Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Jeffrey Angus[_2_] Jeffrey Angus[_2_] is offline

Default splice fail

On 9/20/2011 1:53 AM, Jeff Liebermann wrote:
On Mon, 19 Sep 2011 15:03:56 -0500, Jeffrey
wrote:

On 9/19/2011 10:44 AM, malua mada! wrote:
I then use Epoxy filler to shape a unique plug body (comes as
a dough stick

I found out the hard way that JB Weld, as good as it is, is
conductive.
Jeff

Huh? The JB Weld FAQ claims it's not conductive (even though it
contains iron filings).
http://jbweld.net/faq.php#faq009
Q: Will J-B Weld conduct electricity?
A: No. J-B Weld is not considered to be a conductor. It
is an insulator.

Perhaps they think it's not. I glued a thermal fuse back to
the case of the crystal oven in a Cushman CE-3 after repairing
the oven control. Quite impressive when I plugged it back in.
(The fuse is connected to 120 vac)

I think their answer is in regard to people that want to use it
as a liquid solder.

Jeff

--
"Everything from Crackers to Coffins"