Posted to alt.home.repair
Home Guy Home Guy is offline

Default Paver form

RicodJour wrote:

If you used an actual news-reader client, instead of Google Grops,
then you'd experience a more complete and satisfying usenet
experience.

No piece of software will make up for someone being inattentive.

But the right software can make it easier to follow a thread, and
indicate which posts you've read and which ones you haven't.

I've used various newsreaders over the years, but they're static,
not portable like Google Groups.

Once you install an NNTP client on every device, then you have your
portability.

I can post from my phone or an internet cafe when I travel,

I don't have a cell phone. But if I did, I wouldn't be squinting at it,
getting carpal-tunnel trying to type something into it to post on
usenet. I type on a proper keyboard - or I don't type.

When I travel, the last thing I want to do is dink around with usenet.