Posted to alt.home.repair
gregz gregz is offline

Default getting appliance repair info from Sears?

wrote:
On Sun, 18 Sep 2011 13:10:12 -0400, Nate Nagel
wrote:

Hi all,

a friend has a dryer that is really annoying... Kenmore Elite (electric)
110.62082101 - anyway, it shuts off before the clothes are dry - it
supposedly has some automatic moisture-sensing gizmo in it, but when it
shuts off, the clothes inside are always still damp. Now here's the
annoying thing; other than a parts list (which doesn't have anything
clearly labeled "automatic moisture-sensing gizmo") there is no info
available on Sears' web site and all of the manuals are "technician
required to order." Anyone know of any workaround to finding useful
information online as to how we could fix this annoying thing?

thanks

nate

The "gizmo" is just a thermostat that measures the exhaust temperature
and advances the timer when it gets to the set heat..
I have a similar dryer and it won't really get the stuff dry unless
you set it to "towels" the maximum setting in auto mode.

Things to look at are anything that blocks the outgoing air. (plugged
louvers outside all the way back to the manifold inside the dryer).

I am sure some use the thermostat method. I had a dryer that started to
burn cloths in the auto mode, but worked ok in the manual mode. I trashed
it.

Greg