Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Cross-Slide Cross-Slide is offline

Default Is anyone really this stupid?

On Sep 19, 3:42*pm, Ignoramus15208 ignoramus15...@NOSPAM.
15208.invalid wrote:
On 2011-09-19, Steve B wrote:

Tax the rich. *Tax the corporations. *Take their wealth. *Give it to the
little people. *Make life fair.

Are these people so foolish to think these people and companies will not
relocate and I mean RIGHT NOW to third world countries to keep their wealth?

I do not think that it is quite as simple.

If a company is making certain gizmos, it will relocate its gizmo
making factory to wherever it is cheaper to make and deliver the goods
to where they are sold. So, say, bricks (expensive to ship, not so
labor intensive) are made in the US, and calipers (cheap to ship,
labor intensive) are made in China.

The driving force of this is price competition and not taxes.

Also, I believe that a US person who "relocates", still owes the
United States tax payments for a number of years. In addition, I would
guess that most people whose earned income is over a million, would
not be able to realize that income outside of the US.

Personally, I fully realize that I could not achieve anything close to
my income anywhere except the Unites States, and feel that it is quite
proper to ask me to make a suitable contribution to the budget.

I mean, I was never asked, here, for any kind of a bribe. I could not
possibly even imagine that if I tried to deal with surplus property in
Russia.

Thus, I do not feel bad about paying taxes, and wish that tax levels
honestly reflected the level of government spending.

Iggy,
You set up a great "Yakov Smirnoff" type joke....
I just don't know how to complete it..

In America, The government spending should match the tax levels.