Posted to alt.home.repair
Home Guy Home Guy is offline

Default Paver form

RicodJour wrote:

Damn. I hate reading a reply post and realizing I missed something
in the thread.

If you used an actual news-reader client, instead of Google Grops, then
you'd experience a more complete and satisfying usenet experience.

A leaching field you say...?

We call them septic fields around here.

I do like the permeable pavers, though.

As Steve said he'd like to show off his talent by doing something
interesting

What we don't know - is this for a patio area?

Or to park vehicles?

If the latter, then he might want to look into this:

http://www.invisiblestructures.com/grasspave2.html

=========
Grasspave porous pavement is a structure which provides incredible load
bearing strength while protecting vegetation root systems from deadly
compaction. High void spaces within the entire cross-section enable
excellent root development, and storage capacity for rainfall from storm
events. For example, a 13 inch cross-section (one inch Grasspave2 with
sand and a 12 inch base course) can store 2.6 inches of water - 13
inches x approx. 20% void space). Stormwater is slowed in movement
through and across Grasspave2 surfaces, which deposits suspended
sediment and increases time to discharge. Suspended pollutants and
moderate amounts of engine oils are consumed by active soil bacteria,
which are aided by the system’s excellent oxygen exchange capacity.

http://www.invisiblestructures.com/i...p2cross290.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vv0PyOu6QXM
========

This seems appropriate for either a patio or driveway:

Gravel-Lok Natural Stone Porous Driveway

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QkGJp...eature=related

Seems to use some sort of bonding agent flowed over compacted aggregate
material of your choice to create a solidified block or layer that is
completely permeable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UP_j1GCYFfA

This is what it looks like when it's torn apart:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fg2-dZtGM8U

Product brochu

http://www.lifetimepavers.com/gravel...ochure2011.pdf

One thing is clear: There are a whole lot of choices available today
when it comes to outdoor paving / parking / walking surfaces. To what
extent they can be installed by the typical high-performance home
handiman is an open question.