Posted to alt.home.repair
RicodJour[_2_] RicodJour[_2_] is offline

Default Paver form

On Sep 19, 8:20*am, Jim Elbrecht wrote:
"Steve B" wrote:

"Jim Elbrecht" wrote in message
.. .

-snip-

Then personally I think you're nuts. [in a nice way- and I've been
there, too. *But still--]

Jim, you would have to understand my wife. *

We're ****-outa-luck then. * I haven't understood *any* woman since KE
& I quit being buddies in 1st grade.

She knows how to do very little,
but knows how to do everything so well that she can tell me or you exactly
how to do it, and how easy it is.

When she saw this cutesy little paver form, she just had to have it. *Make
that I just had to have it.

That part I understand. * *My wife keeps away from that sort of
thing-- but I get lots of weird cooking implements of varying degrees
of uselessness. * * They mean well.

I think for your purposes, as you've said, the pavers are a better
choice. * But I'd do some more looking into putting them over a leach
field. * They aren't as porous as you might think. * * * Look at
permeable pavers & see if they'll work for you.

Damn. I hate reading reading a reply post and realizing I missed
something in the thread. A leaching field you say...? Okay, maybe a
monolithic concrete slab wouldn't be the best thing over a leaching
field.

I do like the permeable pavers, though. I've used Turfblock (brand
name, but it seems to be a generically ubiquitous term) with good
results. I used some earth-tone concrete stain to cover up the gray.

As Steve said he'd like to show off his talent by doing something
interesting, I'd think the "pre-formed almost-talent" paver forms
would be the death of that. Maybe a combination of pavers or stained
concrete and Turfblock would be the ticket.