Posted to sci.electronics.repair
N_Cook N_Cook is offline

Default Sony TV remote

Al Moodie wrote in message
Hi,

I have a sony KDL-40S2010 LCD TV, it works just fine. However the
remote RM YD005 is failing again. It works but you have to use extra
force and wiggle the buttons to get it to operate. Poorest operation
is with buttons which are used most often, Mute, Volume, Channel
change, so I assume is is wear or contamination problem.

Last time I bought a replacement on EBay for $18 or thereabouts. I can
always buy another, but can it be fixed, is it worth the work

Al Moodie.

Something that has improved over the years. 20 years ago it was more common
to have failed contacts rather than due to grime, now its rarely failed
contacts.