Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Geoffrey S. Mendelson Geoffrey S. Mendelson is offline

Default splice fail

Nelson wrote:

My wife goes through a set of iPod earphones every month. You would
think someone would develop a cord design that wouldn't fatigue. I
have found that attempting to locate the break and repair it is usually
a fool's errand.

It depends. All of mine break at the point the wire enters the headphone.
I now have 4 pair "in the queue" waiting for me to open them up, and cut
the wire and resolder it.

My son is the exact opposite, he always breaks the wire where it connects
to the plug. I sometimes put new plugs on them, but the last set was under
warranty, and I told him to take them back.

Some people have patterns, some don't. :-)

Geoff.

--
Geoffrey S. Mendelson N3OWJ/4X1GM
Making your enemy reliant on software you support is the best revenge.