Posted to alt.home.repair
George George is offline

Default Blue LED night lites from the Dollar Store

On 9/18/2011 1:55 PM, Han wrote:
wrote in :

You had much better luck than me. We had at least 4 different versions
of the type of night light you described. All slowly burned out block by
block. I replaced them with the LED versions.

This thing has been in constant use for at least 20 years. LEDs didn't
exist,at least not publicly available, when we bought them (another one is
still in storage somewhere).

Not claiming you should have bought LED versions back then just
mentioning that I saw poor results with the devices you mentioned. And
come to think of it they are gone from the various other places I have
seen them being used.

Yours seems to be a lot like that light bulb in the NYC firehouse that
has been burning for the last 89 years (or whatever).