Posted to alt.home.repair
Nate Nagel Nate Nagel is offline

Default getting appliance repair info from Sears?

On 09/18/2011 01:40 PM, Red Green wrote:
Nate wrote in
:

Hi all,

a friend has a dryer that is really annoying... Kenmore Elite (electric)
110.62082101 - anyway, it shuts off before the clothes are dry - it
supposedly has some automatic moisture-sensing gizmo in it, but when it
shuts off, the clothes inside are always still damp. Now here's the
annoying thing; other than a parts list (which doesn't have anything
clearly labeled "automatic moisture-sensing gizmo") there is no info
available on Sears' web site and all of the manuals are "technician
required to order." Anyone know of any workaround to finding useful
information online as to how we could fix this annoying thing?

thanks

nate

You've checked http://www.repairclinic.com ?

never used that site before, but I did check it now that you posted... I
do see a "moisture sensor" but no diagrams... although they do sell a
printed version of the repair manual... might just have to pop for it
($22) unless someone can tell me where said sensor is and how to
troubleshoot it.

thanks

nate

--