Posted to alt.home.repair
Steve B[_10_] Steve B[_10_] is offline

Default Paver form

"Jim Elbrecht" wrote in message
On Sun, 18 Sep 2011 08:46:35 -0400, "dadiOH"
wrote:

Steve B wrote:
"Home Guy" wrote

Again it comes down to how much of this you need or want to do.

800-1,000 sf.

Steve

GOOD GRIEF, man, you will kill yourself!

We all have different pain thresholds but I wouldn't even consider
prepping/mixing/pouring that much for pavers.

This part we're in agreement on.

Even prepping and using store
bought pavers would give me pause. If I were you I'd check around and see
how much a contractor would charge.

We disagree on this- unless Steve has a deadline. To me the beauty
of pavers is that once the prep work is done you can go out and set
5-6 while you're waiting for the missus to fix her hair. When she
comes out, you take off your gloves and get in the car. Or you can
set a couple 100 when it is nice and cool one day. I have a 15'
octagon that I've been playing with most of the summer. I can't
ever work more than an hour & sometimes I can only do that once a
week.

I did 4-500 sq' 5-6 years ago at the same pace. It still looks as
good as the day I finished. [maybe better]

Jim

I have a large tile saw and a mathematical mind. I would thoroughly enjoy
making a showplace mosaic walkway in the front of my house out of pavers,
and as you say, an hour here, a day there, etc. Once you get the base down,
the rest flows pretty easy.

Steve