Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Elbrecht Jim Elbrecht is offline

Default Paver form

On Sat, 17 Sep 2011 19:52:53 -0700, "Steve B"
wrote:

"Home Guy" wrote

Again it comes down to how much of this you need or want to do.

800-1,000 sf.

Then personally I think you're nuts. [in a nice way- and I've been
there, too. But still--]

Cost alone, you're certainly going to be able to make a better deal on
Craigslist with a little patience. I've seen patios free for the
removal. Too far away for me to haul in my 1/2 ton trailer-- but
tempting.

..50-$1. is the usual asking price & if you show up with a truck a few
greenbacks those things are negotiable.

The only way I'd be tempted to make my own pavers for a job that size
would be if it was a pattern/color that I just couldn't live without.
And then I'd probably make them first and lay them like pavers- not as
a pour-a-foot-or-two at a time job.

I think those things are good for a small job where you mix a batch by
hand each day for a couple weeks. For your job you'll want 3-4
forms, mix in the mixer-- and then clean it out 2-3 times a day,
trying to keep the mix uniform through all kinds of weather.

Jim