Posted to alt.home.repair
willshak willshak is offline

Default OT Car Key question

LouB wrote the following:
Don Phillipson wrote:
"LouB" wrote in message

Just got a spare key for my car.
The thing comes with a black plastic cap on the end.
Is there an easy way to get the thing off?

Could the supplier of your spare key not tell you
whether the plastic cap is functional or not?

I know it is NOT

It seems that no one, except a few, believe that there are some car keys
that are not chipped. They must all be young and don't remember when a
car key was just a key, and not a transmitter.
I just had a spare house key made because mine broke in the front door
lock after 27 years of use. In order to distinguish the house key from
the others I carry, I bought one of those soft plastic rings that slip
around the edge of the key head to identify it from the other keys. My
front door is red, so I bought a red ring. There is no chip in it as far
as I can tell. :-)

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY