Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
whit3rd whit3rd is offline

Default What type of metal can bend repeatedly without breaking?

On Saturday, September 17, 2011 11:16:05 AM UTC-7, Joseph Gwinn wrote:
In article
,
Alyson wrote:

On Sep 17, 10:03�am, Kristian Ukkonen wrote:
On 9/17/2011 19:49, Alyson wrote:

What type of metal rod/strip could I insert in a pad that could then
be molded to fit a knee without breaking when bent and unbent
repeatedly?

There is no metal that will do this forever. But soft aluminum wire is
pretty good, and cheap.

Well, there aren't any other wiseasses around today, so I better mention:

Ga (Gallium metal)

Gallium will deform indefinitely, because (in contact with a knee) body heat
will melt it.