Posted to uk.d-i-y
Grimly Curmudgeon Grimly Curmudgeon is offline

Default OT - booting XP from USB

On Sat, 17 Sep 2011 22:03:21 +0100, John Williamson
wrote:

It works, and claimed to format the card as NTFS, then when I started
writing to it, it gave a delayed write failure error for both the file
and the MFT after half a dozen Gigabytes.

Odd; I've been using it quite happily to format a couple of 16GB SDHC
cards as NTFS and FAT32 alternately. Perhaps a compatibility problem,
as raised its head recently with an SD/CF converter card - it wouldn't
read in my Canon or PC card reader, but can be read fine in my old
Fuji; which is ok, as I simply take the SD card out of it.