Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT - booting XP from USB

Grimly Curmudgeon wrote:
On Fri, 16 Sep 2011 17:44:21 +0100, John Williamson
wrote:

Grimly Curmudgeon wrote:
On Wed, 14 Sep 2011 22:45:25 +0100, John Williamson
wrote:

Now, if anyone knows how to format a SDHC card using NTFS,
Either FAT32 or NTFS...
To assure of the kosherness of the driver, go to this page first and
follow the link/instructions to extract the genuine HP utility...

http://archive.cnblogs.com/a/2016957/

The URL given on that page actually points to a BIOS update.

And if you bother reading the fecking instructions...

It works, and claimed to format the card as NTFS, then when I started
writing to it, it gave a delayed write failure error for both the file
and the MFT after half a dozen Gigabytes.

Back to the drawing board. I may use something like Truecrypt to set up
a compressed partition. Or I may need to get hold of a 64GB thumbdrive
and solder an extra socket onto the motherboard.

--
Tciao for Now!

John.