Posted to alt.home.repair
dadiOH[_3_] dadiOH[_3_] is offline

Default Paver form

Steve B wrote:
I bought one of those random repeat forms that end up with a paver
walkway of what appears to be random sized stones, but there is a
repeat in it. You get your base prepared, lay the form on there,
pour concrete in the holes, pat it down, and immediately remove the
form. You have approx. 2 sf of pavers. You fill in between with
sand, or let the grass grow in there.
Anyone ever use one of these? It is surely going to take a lot of
80# sacks to do this job. Suggestions/caveats appreciated.

If you plan to do 20 sq.ft. of pavers, you should be good to go. If you
plan to do 200 feet, I would re-think the plan; actually, I'd buy the stone
or pavers. And if you are doing pavers and buy them, I would opt for clay
rather than concrete as eventually the color in the concrete will disappear
unless it is "color through"; in either case, the aggregate in the concrete
will eventually be exposed, looks like hell IMO, YMMV.

In either case, the base is all...good base, the results will last. Around
here (central Florida), 3" of compacted base - crushed concrete is often
used - is standard for light duty. You also need something to contain them
laterally; various aluminum/steel/plastic landscape edging is often used but
I like concrete better.

--

dadiOH

dadiOH's dandies v3.06...