Posted to rec.woodworking
John Grossbohlin[_2_] John Grossbohlin[_2_] is offline

Default Walnut Tree - What to do with it?

"Hoosierpopi" wrote in message
OK, I cut it down when, according to my "woodsman" neighbor, the moon
was right.

Now, since I can't find anyone with a portable mill or anyone willing
to transport and mill the logs, I thought to try and save as much as I
could reasonably expect to get on my band saw to make boards.

You could split the logs into quarters, or more, before using your
bandsaw... that would allow you to work with longer, lighter pieces.

Debark first... sticker and air dry afterwards under cover with good
ventilation.

John