Posted to rec.woodworking
Hoosierpopi Hoosierpopi is offline

Default Walnut Tree - What to do with it?

OK, I cut it down when, according to my "woodsman" neighbor, the moon
was right.

Now, since I can't find anyone with a portable mill or anyone willing
to transport and mill the logs, I thought to try and save as much as I
could reasonably expect to get on my band saw to make boards.

Question is, what do I do with the sections of tree that I've cut up/
out in opes of using them for a project?

Do I de-bark them first? How should I store the logs? Or, should I cut
them "wet?"

The tree has been down for three months or so and if I don't do
something it will be very expensive firewood.

Can they be stored outside - under some tin roofing, say? Or o they
need to be in an enclosed structure? (Hopefully not heated or air-
conditioned as there is no room in the house!

Thanks.