Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Steve B[_10_] Steve B[_10_] is offline

Default Are you poor?

Currently I have a floating chlorinator that I fill with 3" dia.
"pucks" every 10 days or so. For July and August I also add an
algicide. I used to have an automatic chlorinator, also with pucks,
but it was very difficult to keep the chlorine level properly
adjusted.

Wolfgang

Check your stabilizer with a cyanuric acid tester, if you haven't already.
Stabilizer (cyanuric acid) keeps chlorine from offgassing from the surface.
About $20, and you need to test it every six to twelve months. Very simple
test that even a girl could do. If that is your problem, you will have an
instant reduction in the amount of chlorine you use, and stabilization in
levels. Best damn thing I ever found for pools.

Steve