Posted to alt.home.repair
Andy[_26_] Andy[_26_] is offline

Default OT - CFL's, The China Syndrome

On Sep 16, 5:48 pm, Red Green wrote:
Time for another porking from China.

BEIJING - In the name of fighting pollution, China has sent the price of
compact fluorescent light bulbs soaring in the United States.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/China-...n-nytimes-2650...

Andy comments:

I don't know squat about light bulb pollution, but I know a lot
about
light bulb prices...

I can buy a 4 pack of incandescents for about a dollar at a LOT of
places.

I can buy a 4 pack of 60w CFLs for about $5 at Home Depot.....

I have used the Home Depot CFLs throughout my house, and others, to
replace incandescents in the places they are most useful....

A few dollars for everwhere in the house they are needed. I'll
probably save
it in a year just on electric. I don't have to worry about the wife
turning off
the lights when she leaves the room....

I can light my entire attic, about 5000 sq ft, for the same
current that it
would take for 2 of the 100 watt bulbs, and if I forget to turn it
off
overnight, I don't go bankrupt..... and I don't have to install any
additional
circuit breakers or increase the wiring infrastructure...

So, while I ABSOLUTELY HATE the government telling me what to do
in my house.... once I tried it, I really like it.......

..... and I am looking forward very much in them telling me what other
crap I have to do........ I'll try it, and, maybe , I'll like that ,
also.....

The flush toilet thing, after 10 years, finally turned out OK.......
With the
increase in food prices, I find out that the toilets seem to flush
better......

:)))) Andy in Eureka, Texas