Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Portable emergency generator recommendations?

There they (Florida) go again. Mandating business to spend
money.

I think taking your generator to the gas station sounds
good. With all the electronics in the pumps, and the way the
pumps read at the cash registers. Might be a challenge to
get it wired in and working. The gas station people are not
likely to want to risk all the electronics might be damaged
by generator power.

A gas station with the old mechanical dial pumps could make
a pile of money during a power cut. Have the supply company
standing by with more trucks of fuel to drain into the
tanks.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"HeyBub" wrote in message
m...
wrote:

Florida passed a law that says any gas station on an
evacuation route
is required to have a generator. Whether they can get it
started is
still the question.

Yep. And Texas passed a law requiring gas stations in the
hurricane's past
to have their storage tanks at least half full before the
storm's onset.

As to generators: For the next hurricane, I'm considering
hauling mine to my
local gas station and offering to power-up his pumps for
$50/hour. Five
thousand watts should be sufficient to run a few (like
three) pumps.

In addition to the generator and some gas (I know where to
get the gas), I'd
need a few tools (screwdriver, pliers, beer) to break into
the circuit
breaker box and a modest length cable to tie in the
generator.

Cha-ching!