Posted to sci.electronics.repair
N_Cook N_Cook is offline

Default Unknown device "3B" on motor drive boards.

Arfa Daily wrote in message

"Franc Zabkar" wrote in message
On Fri, 16 Sep 2011 15:49:49 -0700, "Robbie Hatley"
put finger to keyboard and composed:

Just the other day, I had a case of a mis-drawn device on a schematic. It
was in the ignitor circuit for a short-arc discharge lamp. It was shown on
the schematic as a thyristor with the gate left unconnected.

Is that schematic out there in wwwland? I was recently trying to find any
schematic of the ballast part of such a supply but could only find patent
references or nulled-out block diagrams. I was trying to get an idea of the
post-trigger start up regime while the lamp is warming up.