Posted to alt.building.construction,alt.home.repair
Steve B[_10_] Steve B[_10_] is offline

Default I want my own 100 gallon propane tank.

"willshak" wrote

Propane tank farm fire in Dallas, TX.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n85R3OXK3bs
The 10 minute video was taken from a mile or two away, but the flying
tanks can be seen. Note the fires started by the flying tanks all over the
highway.

I have welded since 1974. I cannot watch that video enough. Some of the
things that stick in my mind are the very large very heavy metal tanks going
hundreds of yards, landing right in the middle of the freeway. And what
amazes me more is the people who slow down and stop to watch this, seemingly
oblivious of an incoming steel tank of 150# at 500 F. Human stupidity and
natural raw power never cease to amaze or amuse me. Too bad one of the
lookie loos didn't sustain a direct hit. Just one, PUHLEEEEZE.

Steve