Posted to misc.consumers.house,sci.engr.lighting,alt.home.repair

Default incandescent light bulb phase-out in the U.S. (are flood bulbs exempt?)

On Fri, 16 Sep 2011 10:19:27 -0400, willshak wrote:

wrote the following:
On Tue, 13 Sep 2011 14:52:21 -0700 (PDT), "
wrote:

On Sep 13, 6:10 am, "
wrote:
On Tue, 13 Sep 2011 07:16:18 -0400, "Stormin Mormon"

wrote:
Strange. I don't remember seeing "energy efficiency" as one
of the powers delegated to the Fed by the Constitution.
Interstate Commerce Clause. It's in there (everything is).
Ever notice how the new incandescents (halogen) are coming out now?
They have been available but difficult to find and priced way too high
for at least 20 years. But now they are showing up for reasonable
value in every grocery store.

I've used (some) halogens for many years. As I said in another article,
they're great for some applications; not others.
The market didn't call for seat belts or anti-corruption in business.

Government is the peoples tool to control the markets!

Bull****! Show me where that is in the Constitution!

It's a rider in the 'right to bear arms' amendment. :-)

Oh, I never looked under that "shall not be infringed" penumbra. ;-)