Posted to alt.home.repair
gregz gregz is offline

Default Anyone put a variable control into a Broan Vented Stove fan?

Doug G wrote:
I would be interested in knowing the success or failure of someone taking
out the Off-Lo-Hi switch in a Broan over the oven hood/fan to allow
variable control of the fan and hopefully lower the noise level? Will a
dining room light Leviton or Smith and Stone dimmer work? Thanks in advance

Just make sure it's for motors, and try it. Reducing noise will greatly
reduce air flow.
Ideally you want the fan like in the attic.
That's what I will do eventually, just like my bath.

Greg