Posted to alt.home.repair
Robert Green Robert Green is offline

Default (OT) Turn the TV off......

"dgk" wrote in message
On Fri, 16 Sep 2011 08:36:21 -0400, "Robert Green"
wrote:
"Oren" wrote in message
On Wed, 14 Sep 2011 08:39:42 -0400, dgk wrote:

stuff snipped

However, I do retain a healthy skepticism about whether government at all
levels makes the right choice often enough. States were happy to collect
fees for house sales along with every other hand in the real estate

chain.
They were just as complicit in the real estate debacle as everyone else.

*really* disagree with spending my tax dollars to bring alleged democracy

Muslims. Let Allah do it. I fear, however, that recent events like the
destruction of the Israeli Embassy in Egypt are going to light up a new

war.

When we leave, they're going to reshuffle the deck with IEDs anyway.
There's been peace because we picked a faction and backed it. When our
backing disappears, there will be only pieces left of those who helped

us.
The factions who were under our thumb will be very eager for payback and
will slaughter our translators, intermediaries and anyone who once helped
us. We've seen it in every damn war we've gotten ourselves into since
Vietnam. It's virtually a guarantee we'll see it again.

Robert, please don't try making sense.

I hardly ever do, at least according to some of my friends here. (-:

This is usenet. And I got a high lottery number and didn't have to head

for
Canada but I surely would have if necessary. I would not fight in a war

that
I did not agree with. Worse, I thought that it was completely immoral.

Well, I'm glad my ultra-flat feet made that decision for me. I didn't agree
with that war or with these wars and I'm sorry that the draft was "shelved"
because I believe if it still existed, we would have left AfRaq a long, long
time ago. With a draft, perhaps we wouldn't even have started either war. I
guess I grew up to think Americans never threw the first punch, but they
always punched back if hit first and punched hard enough to settle the
matter.

I think the powers that be perverted those sort of American attitudes when
we punched Afghanistan and Iraq for something that 18 Saudi terrorists did
to us. The problem was the Saudis were our "friends du jour" so we couldn't
attack them or even ask them to pay reparations. I think they should have
paid us at least $10B to make up for what their citizens did on 9/11.

--
Bobby G.

*CARON, WAYNE MAURICE Rank and organization: Hospital Corpsman Third Class,
U.S. Navy, Headquarters and Service Company, 3d Battalion, 7th Marines, 1st
Marine Division (Rein), FMF. Place and date: Quang Nam Province, Republic of
Vietnam, 28 July 1968. Born: 2 November 1946, Middleboro, Mass. Caron
started to make his way to yet another injured comrade, when he was again
struck by enemy small-arms fire. Courageously and with unbelievable
determination, HC3c. Caron continued his attempt to reach the third marine
until he was killed by an enemy rocket round.