Posted to alt.home.repair
Doug Miller[_3_] Doug Miller[_3_] is offline

Default OT Car Key question

On 9/16/2011 7:26 AM, LouB wrote:
Ed Pawlowski wrote:

"LouB" wrote

Why remove? So it fits in the small leather business card case I
carry in my left front pocket in case I lock my main set of keys in
the car.

Back to the question. Anyone removed the plastic. Looks like I may
need a vice to grip the key so I can work on it. Am hoping someone
has found an easy way. Cook in toaster oven perhaps?

Speaking of vices, you may need vice grips to turn the key once you
remove the plastic. I have no idea what is under it, if anything.
There are much easier solutions as noted before, get a key made.

I ALREADY have the key

You're missing the point totally. Get another one made *from a plain
metal blank* that doesn't have the plastic shroud on it.