Posted to misc.consumers.house,sci.engr.lighting,alt.home.repair
TKM[_2_] TKM[_2_] is offline

Default incandescent light bulb phase-out in the U.S. (are flood bulbs exempt?)

"Victor Roberts" wrote in message
On Sun, 11 Sep 2011 15:44:10 -0400, "TKM" wrote:

"techman41973" wrote in message
The federal government is banning incandescent bulbs over 100 watts
this January
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phase-o...#United_States

Does anyone know for sure if flood lamp bulbs (such as PAR30) used in
outdoor light fixtures will be exempt?
I'd like to know if I need to stock up on the 120watt PAR30 flood
bulbs that are used in some outdoor motion sensitive lighting
fixtures.

Thanks

The only bulbs being phased out starting 1/1/12 are the standard 100 watt
A-line types. PAR30 bulbs aren't on the exempt list, but PAR types aren't
mentioned in EISA except for the BPAR (blown glass) type along with R BR
and
ER types.

There's a good summary at:
http://applications.nam.lighting.phi...molegislation/

Terry McGowan

Terry - The Philips summary page does state that PAR38 lamps will be
regulated as og 7/14/2012, and my copy of HR 6. gives the lower
efficay targets on page 98.

Vic Roberts
http://www.RobertsResearchInc.com
http://www.cflfacts.com
sci.engr.lighting Rogues Gallery http://www.langmuir.org

That's right, Vic. PAR 38 lamps are regulated, but that regulation is
separate from the requirements for the A-line lamps. And, I didn't find
anything that would apply to the PAR30.

Terry McGowan