Posted to rec.audio.tubes,sci.electronics.repair,de.sci.electronics
Sylvia Else[_2_] Sylvia Else[_2_] is offline

Default Can someone help to identify this prewar capacitor?

On 14/09/2011 11:11 PM, Phil Allison wrote:

Probably used for telephone devices or similar, seems to be a MP metal
paper design, from 1936?
It is rated at 650V and has a 0.25uF capacity (still, just tested).
I have not found out who the manufacturer is - is there a logo
database somewhere to hunt it down?

http://www.box.net/shared/0gl0fuopl0dv54dnf6yh

Have a few and want to get rid of them as I have no need for these.

** That cap will contain oil as well as paper and foil.

Very likely the dangerous and long outlawed PCB type.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polychlorinated_biphenyl

Lest the OP has Phil killfiled...

His observation may not be right, but it needs to be considered.

Sylvia.