Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Winston Winston is offline

Default Are you poor?

Larry Jaques wrote:
On Fri, 16 Sep 2011 06:19:20 -0700,
wrote:

(...)

It appears that a larger pump and an extra inlet/outlet would be the
fix for that. The small one is just not up to the job.

I ain't so sure. I think Wolfgang now keeps the algae
at bay by injecting O2 via the pump. It's a good thing
but is not the primary purpose of the pump.

Thus the ozone injection and a reduction in pump time
is in order. This is purely a guess on my part, I admit.

I wonder if adding ozone to the water would allow you to run the
pump less?

http://www.aqua-pool-warehouse.com/c...Generators.asp

I know nothing about these units but they look promising.

Dad had an ozonator on the spa he had and it worked fantastically. It
allowed him to minimize chlorine and other chemical use.

There is a data point! Thanks!

(...)

We had our pool pump on a daily timer for about a decade.
The motor was perfectly fine throughout that time.

Pool timers are built for that.

As are the pump motors themselves.

--Winston