Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT Car Key question

"LouB" wrote

Why remove? So it fits in the small leather business card case I carry in
my left front pocket in case I lock my main set of keys in the car.

Back to the question. Anyone removed the plastic. Looks like I may need
a vice to grip the key so I can work on it. Am hoping someone has found
an easy way. Cook in toaster oven perhaps?

Speaking of vices, you may need vice grips to turn the key once you remove
the plastic. I have no idea what is under it, if anything. There are much
easier solutions as noted before, get a key made.