Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Doug White Doug White is offline

Default Mass. Vo-Tech evening ed question

GeoLane at PTD dot NET GeoLane at PTD dot NET wrote in
:

I was telling someone at work today that I'd signed up for the evening
welding class at the local Vo-Tech. He said we're lucky here in PA.
His brother lives in Massachusetts and his Vo-Tech wouldn't let him
sign up for an evening course (electrical wiring?) because he wasn't
in an apprenticeship in that trade.

Is it that way all over MA and for all trades, or is that just
something that's local to him?

It's either local or recent. I took a wiring course at the Minuteman
Vocational School in Lexington, but it was ~ 20 years ago. I still think
they send out flyers for evening classes, but they always seem to be on
Tuesdays, which is my pistol league night. I'm hoping to take a welding
class there once I retire.

Doug White