Posted to alt.home.repair
Steve B[_10_] Steve B[_10_] is offline

Default Gasoline engine driven chain saw recommendation

"Ron" wrote in message
On Sep 13, 6:45 pm, "Steve B" wrote:
"Pointer" wrote in message

Need a gasoline engine driven chain saw around 22-24 inches. Any first
hand recommendations?

Thanks

Three, in order of their quality

1. Stihl
2. Johnserand (mostly European)
3. Husqvarna

HTH, and good luck. Don't cheap out on a cheap saw. You can fix and
maintain Stihl and Husky's from a common supplier. So long as you don't
screw up the gas mix and run it without enough oil, the other problems are
nuts and bolts. When you do go buy a good saw, you will have a $200 boat
anchor. Don't listen to those who tell you Echo and Poulan and such are
good saws. If you use it at all, you will burn it up, and be in the market
for a REAL saw.

Hmmmm....my Poulan has been working fine since I bought it in 2004.

Guess I got a lemon.

reply: I've heard a hell of a lot more stories from people who have tossed
Poulan, Echo, and McCulloch chain saws than Stihl or Huskys. Yes, you got a
lemon. The factory designs them to fail within a short time. Either that,
or you did not use it much, and stuck to the directions pretty well.

Why is it that I NEVER see any Poulans on those logger TV shows? Or see a
professional arborist with a Poulan?

Steve

--
Please go to my facebook page, Heart Surgery Survival Guide and LIKE me so I
can get my domain name.

Heart surgery pending?
www.heartsurgerysurvivalguide.com
Heart Surgery Survival Guide