Leon

Default Shopsmith pricing

"GRL" wrote in message
I have heard that a new Shopsmith machine now costs $3,000.

Dang, did they lower prices.. IIRC they were more than that.

Knowing what good quality Jet, Delta, and Grizzly equipment costs, this
leads me to ask
three questions. (1) Are the people at Shopsmith completely out of their
minds in their pricing?,

Apparently not... I think the same thing about Radio Shack and yet they
seem as solvent as ever.

(2) How is it that Shopsmith is still in business
with that kind of pricing?

I guess they use Radio Shack as a business model.

(3) Does anybody actually buy Shopsmith machines at this sort of price?

I guess the same question can be asked about Ford, or GM or Chrysler.

I mean, it's a fairly nicely made machine, pretty compact, and pretty
durable, but $3,000?

Sounds like more of a bargain than say 20 years ago.

Am I missing something?

I guess so.