Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Anyone put a variable control into a Broan Vented Stove fan?

"Doug G" wrote in message
I would be interested in knowing the success or failure of someone taking
out the Off-Lo-Hi switch in a Broan over the oven hood/fan to allow
variable control of the fan and hopefully lower the noise level? Will a
dining room light Leviton or Smith and Stone dimmer work? Thanks in
advance

If it is already too loud on low, it will be too loud with a variable speed
switch. Think of it as variable noise. I'd try the dimmer, just be sure it
is rated for the motor load.

The ideal solution, of course, it to get a unit with the motor mounted on
the outside wall and just a duct indoors.