Posted to alt.engineering.electrical,sci.electronics.components,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.equipment,sci.electronics.repair
The Ghost in The Machine The Ghost in The Machine is offline

Default Contactor coil: 50 Hz vs. 60 Hz

On Aug 29, 2:21*am, DaveC wrote:
I may be able to obtain a very small 2-pole 240 vac contactor I need rated
for 50 Hz only.

If I install it in N. America, what's the implication? Is the hold-in
magnetism less than if it were 60 Hz? Just noisy?

Please don't ask or suggest other sources. This is a very specific device and
I've not been able to locate other than this.

Thanks,
Dave

There are NO Implications...
Even the old models are not noisy at all, just make sure you bolt down
everything tight to the framework.
TGITM