Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Are you poor?

On Sep 15, 7:37*am, "Ed Huntress" wrote:
"Gunner Asch" wrote in message

On Wed, 14 Sep 2011 22:40:18 -0700, a friend

"Pete C." wrote:

Don't get too used to your "free" broadcast tv/radio, broadcast is
dying
since they have not found a new business model that will work in this
age of competition. You can readily see the death-twitching in the
flood
of scam advertising (colon cleanser scam, work from home scam, payday
loans, etc.) that broadcasters would never have accepted in the past..
Now they are desperate for ad revenue and will accept anything, which
only drives away move viewers/listeners. The consolidation of broadcast
to a few big companies cut overhead and bought them some time, but soon
even that will not help ad revenues meet operating expenses and
stations
will be going dark.

perhaps you have heard of a thing called "public radio", in which
willing participants pay their radio station? *No advertisers required,
and the ones in my local area at least receive virtually no government
support. *I guess that's not conservative enough for you guys though,
what with people voluntarily paying for content, yet allowing some
others to have the content as well, without paying. *Maybe when the
republicans own the country they can confiscate the airwaves and
eliminate our right to listen to radio that we choose to pay for - that
would be good for business, I imagine - steal from the public and give
to your friends in exchange for money contributed to your election
campaign.

Odd isnt it that standard AM radio is heavily conservative..its content
is heavily conservative...Rush, etc etc etc..and is paid for by
conservatives..and owned by Conservatives.

Of course it is! They did a survey, and they've counted how many of your
pickup trucks have coathangers in the antenna sockets.

--
Ed Huntress- Hide quoted text -

LOL...good one Ed...and right on.

TMT