Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Are you poor?

"Pete C." wrote:

"Michael A. Terrell" wrote:

I've never found anything on public radio worth listening to.

I guess you haven't actually spent more than a few minutes listening to
public radio. There are is a lot of very good programming on NPR,
certainly not all of it is good, but at least 50% is.

Listen to it if you like it. I don't. A few minutes at a time was
all I could take. I like to listen to music at low volume to mask
background noise. Most talk radio makes me want to smash every radio in
sight. I no longer give a **** about sports, so music is all that's
left. I currently have http://www.wsmonline.com streaming all the time
that I'm home & awake. I was a radio & TV broadcast engineer for years,
and the low quality of today's programing and service is an
embarrassment. The stations around here are useless. There is so much
electrical noise that the AM band is useless, and the FM band is more
talk radio, "Soft Rock" (Wet drywall?) and low power religious
stations. There are two stations that claim to play country music, but
like the line in a real country song: 'That ain't country, it's just bad
rock & roll!!!'

That leaves the internet to find something to listen to.