IMM

Default Wolf power tools - any good?

"Kalico" wrote in message
"Andy R" wrote in message

"Kalico" wrote in message
I need a new circular saw and prefer to buy cheaper but often for the

type
of work I do.

Screwfix have a brand called Wolf, 160mm for only £25 with a two year
guarantee. Does anyone have any experience with them?

Makro are doing a 180mm NuTool for the same money, also with 2 year
guarantee and I have had good experience with that brand, but little

things
like painted steel rather than stainless steel footplate (which the

Wolf
appears to have) make it look cheaper.

I'm still using a Wolf hammer drill my father bought over 25 years ago,

it's
had a lot of heavy use and is still OK. He bought various Wolf tools

over
the years because of good previous experience. They used to be

relatively
expensive so if they're cheap now maybe the spec's changed.

Thanks for that Andy. I tend to think that the guarantee alone is worth

it
at this price level, but there is nothing like personal recommendation.

Wolf were quality products. They were taken over by Atlas Copco I think.
The name has now re-emerged. It must be good as the previous brand had a
"quality" image, so anyone with sense would still keep it that way.

---