Posted to alt.home.repair
dgk dgk is offline

Default (OT) Turn the TV off......

On Wed, 14 Sep 2011 10:45:08 -0700 (PDT), harry
wrote:

On Sep 14, 2:54*pm, RicodJour wrote:
On Sep 14, 8:39*am, dgk wrote:

Concerning Harry, there is love and hate in
just about everyone's heart, but I suspect that you really don't like
the message that Harry is sending. Anything that rocks the image of
America as a shining beacon of Freedom and Democracy, Mom and Apple
Pie, tends to be unwelcome. The truth does hurt. That doesn't make me
less of an American. I love my country, I just don't want it operating
for the benefit of the already powerful and wealthy.

It's not the message, which has some validity, it's the donkey behind
the megaphone. *Hee Haw could be trumpeting how evil plywood is and
he'd still be a donkey braying. *That's unlikely as he doesn't have
anything at all to say about home improvement.

Hee Haw is not alone in his country's quest for a revisionist world.http://mondediplo.com/2005/05/02empire
"Britain: imperial nostalgia
Britain not only conveniently still forgets the crimes of its imperial
past, but it has also again begun to romanticise its colonial
achievements and declare them a proper source of pride."

What's that old saying about stones and glass houses...?

But we have learned. You have not.

No Harry, some of you, like some of us, have learned. And, like us,
you really have no ability to change the true power behind the
government.