Posted to alt.home.repair
Ron Ron is offline

Default Gasoline engine driven chain saw recommendation

On Sep 15, 5:26*am, "Ted" wrote:
"Steve Barker" wrote in message

On 9/14/2011 4:06 PM, Ron wrote:
On Sep 13, 6:45 pm, "Steve
wrote:
*wrote in message

Need a gasoline engine driven chain saw around 22-24
inches. *Any first
hand recommendations?

Thanks

Three, in order of their quality

1. *Stihl
2. Johnserand (mostly European)
3. Husqvarna

HTH, and good luck. *Don't cheap out on a cheap saw.
You can fix and
maintain Stihl and Husky's from a common supplier. *So
long as you don't
screw up the gas mix and run it without enough oil, the
other problems are
nuts and bolts. *When you do go buy a good saw, you will
have a $200 boat
anchor. *Don't listen to those who tell you Echo and
Poulan and such are
good saws. *If you use it at all, you will burn it up,
and be in the market
for a REAL saw.

Hmmmm....my Poulan has been working fine since I bought
it in 2004.

Guess I got a lemon.

has it cut 20 to 40 cords of hedge (osage orange) per
year? *or just pruned redbuds in the fall?

--
Steve Barker

I'm guessing that poulan has got cobwebs on it.

Nope. Gets used when I need it and works fine. And I've cut **** that
I really shouldn't have with only a 14" bar. I EXPECTED it to crap out
by now, but it hasn't.