Posted to alt.home.repair
willshak willshak is offline

Default Pet saves family from fire

Oren wrote the following:
[KETCHIKAN, Alaska]

"...The woman was awakened early Tuesday by the rabbit scratching her
chest, and she saw the house was full of smoke."

Read mo
http://www.azcentral.com/news/articles/2011/09/14/20110914alaska-rabbit-wakes-owner-during-fire-dies.html#ixzz1XyrC1Dca

The family lost the pet from smoke inhalation.

Maybe the rabbit caused the fire by chewing on the electrical wires as
they are wont to do when left loose in the house.
I don't believe the part about the rabbit waking the woman.
I was given a lop eared rabbit and a cage years ago. I gave it away
within the week when it started chewing on electric and telephone wires.

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY