Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] despen@verizon.net is offline

Default Fence Post Question??

aemeijers writes:

On 9/14/2011 9:19 PM, wrote:
writes:

Unless you are young and strong, IMHO this is work to hire out. An
experienced crew makes it look easy. And their auger will be better
than the one you can rent. Unless you have a strong teenager that
needs a lesson, don't even think about doing more than 3-4 holes by
hand- the doctor or painkiller bills will eat up any savings. Posthole
digging is a lot harder and fussier work than digging a big hole with
a shovel.

Hey!

Built my fence (203ft stick built) when I was 63.

Dug the 22 holes by hand with a post hole digger and breaker
bar when needed. (No, not in one day.)

You gotta push yourself or you'll feel old.

And I salute you for it. But those of us who drive a desk for a
living,

I've been a computer programmer since '64.

and only have so many outside daylight hours available for
projects (especially during the 5-month cold/wet/snowy season here in
MI) have to pick our battles carefully.

Brrr. NJ is bad enough.

--
Dan Espen