Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Gasoline engine driven chain saw recommendation

On Wed, 14 Sep 2011 14:06:32 -0700 (PDT), Ron
wrote:

On Sep 13, 6:45Â*pm, "Steve B" wrote:
"Pointer" wrote in message

Need a gasoline engine driven chain saw around 22-24 inches. Â*Any first
hand recommendations?

Thanks

Three, in order of their quality

1. Â*Stihl
2. Johnserand (mostly European)
3. Husqvarna

HTH, and good luck. Â*Don't cheap out on a cheap saw. Â*You can fix and
maintain Stihl and Husky's from a common supplier. Â*So long as you don't
screw up the gas mix and run it without enough oil, the other problems are
nuts and bolts. Â*When you do go buy a good saw, you will have a $200 boat
anchor. Â*Don't listen to those who tell you Echo and Poulan and such are
good saws. Â*If you use it at all, you will burn it up, and be in the market
for a REAL saw.

Hmmmm....my Poulan has been working fine since I bought it in 2004.

Guess I got a lemon.

There ARE different levels of Poulan product. I believe one is
"poulan pro" - which is a HALF decent product. There cutesy mass
market CRAP isn't anywhere close to decent.