Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Bruce Bergman Bruce Bergman is offline

Default Kennedy touch up paint - follow up

Precision, it's not a basic color = but not too odd, it's 61 GM Fawn Beige Metallic. I'm sure if you can find someone with the right paint "tint base" and a tinting rack and all the tints and the metallic additives (and not all way out-dated) they can do it - but if nobody uses an Acrylic Lacquer system anymore...

FWIBT Stan's right, Acrylic Lacquer is rather forgiving - I'd go out of state and carry it back, make a plastic tarp booth and shoot with a HVLP gun in the garage - but a Pro Shop with a real spray booth in Californication can't touch it for liability reasons.

There are very close current colors in Lexus and Infiniti, I just saw them parked side by side.

The bugaboo is that whole strip down and redo, which I'm loath to do because now you have to redo all the door-jambs, and strip and re-shoot everything on the interior with flattener additive... It is a huge can of worms, and I can't even start on it with construction in the dumper...

-- Bruce --