Posted to alt.home.repair
Tony Hwang Tony Hwang is offline

Default Fence Post Question??

MICHELLE H. wrote:
Just a quick question about installing fence posts. We would like to
have a 6 foot high, Cedar wooden stockade fence installed in our yard.
My question is, when putting in the fence posts for the wooden fence, do
the fence posts HAVE to be set in concrete? I know that most fence
companies do set the fence posts in concrete, about 2-3 feet below the
frost line.
What?! 2-3 feet below frost line? Where is it coming from? Our frost line is ~7 feet.

I have built cedar fences 5 times in my life time. Never used concrete.
Main thing is good drainage.