Roger Mills

Default Small CH leak

"Andrew Gabriel" wrote in message
In article ,
"Roger Mills" writes:
I have gate-type isolator valves either side of my circulating pump.

These
have recently started leaking slightly - not from the gland round the

shaft,
but from the point where the gate mechanism screws into the body. They

have

Snap!

fibre washers which seem to have perished. Tightening helps a bit but

there
is still a slight drip . . drip.

I couldn't find any fibre washers of the right size. I temporarily used
an O-ring, until I could do a proper repair.

I intend to replace the valves - probably with ball rather than gate

types
(any comments?).

Yes, they are a different length, so you'll need to modify the pipework.
I just replaced mine with identical gate valves.

--
Andrew Gabriel

I presume that the ball type are shorter - so I'd have to lengthen one the
pipes, which wouldn't be a problem. Someone has suggested that the ball type
is more leak prone than the gate type. Does anyone else have a view on this?

Does anyone know whether or not the integral ball type are full bore?

Roger