Posted to alt.home.repair
Frank[_13_] Frank[_13_] is offline

Default Gasoline engine driven chain saw recommendation

On 9/13/2011 11:01 PM, pseudonym wrote:
wrote:

I used to buy the junk saws at the big box home centers but none of them
ever lasted too long. All were hard to start and they didn't run worth a damn either.

Thats because the saws sold at lowes depot are chinasaws not chainsaws.

I'm agreeing too. My current saw is a Poulan Wild Thing which worked
great at first but oil pump went out. I had it repaired under warranty
and now out of warranty, I have to tie down the trigger to start it as
catch does not hold. My son bought one too and it failed after a few
months so he returned it to HD for refund (only good thing you can say
about box store products).

I'll never buy another product which says, "for occasional use only".