Posted to alt.home.repair
Michael Angelo Michael Angelo is offline

Default Gasoline engine driven chain saw recommendation

wrote in message
..
Don't know how old my Remington is - I've owned it for 20
years and
it was old as Methuselah when I got it.

Generally starts on about the third pull after sitting for
a year (if
it doesn't pull the rope out of your hand) - one seriously
POTENT
little saw.Very high compression and it sounds VISCIOUS.
Can't
remember off hand but I think 42cc with a 20 inch bar -
makes short
work of trimming the cherry and locust trees - and the
maples? - it
just shrugs them off. I do not use it a LOT - but it's
seen a lot of
use over it's long life.

Remington Chainsaws were made by Desa International prior to
2009.

In December of 2008 Desa International filed bankruptcy and
has since gone out of business.
During the spring of 2009 MTD purchased the Remington
Chainsaw assets from Desa.

I don't think the new ones will sound so vicious:

http://www.mtdproducts.com/webapp/wc...71__-1_2_5__3_